Cover of the Fall 2017 edition of The Charter
The Charter is a digital magazine with feature stories, information about documents, fun facts about North Carolina’s history, and news from the State Archives of North Carolina. This edition includes articles about the National Genealogical Society Conference, previous and upcoming exhibits, and creating custom-fit boxes to protect our archival volumes.
We’ve recently revamped the magazine with a new layout and design. We welcome your feedback on the changes and hope you enjoy the magazine.
The Spring 2014 issue of The Charter is now available online.
The Spring 2014 issue of The Charter, the Division of Archives and Records newsletter, is now available through the publications page on our website. The newsletter is published twice a year by The Friends of the Archives.
Included in this issue:
- An update from Sarah Koonts, the State Archivist, on future plans to promote public awareness of the mission of the State Archives.
- An article by Frank P. Ward, Jr., President of the Friends of the Archives, on North Carolina maps.
- Conservator Emily Rainwater provides a look into her work with a 1797 indenture.
- An article by Ashley Yandle, Digital Access Manager, on the North Carolina Digital Collections.
- A feature by Tiffanie Mazanek of the Digital Access Branch on the Poteet-Dickson Letters. 1861-1902 (PC.1825).
- A staff spotlight on James Sorrell, Head of the Special Collections Section.
- As well as news about recent programs and events, new collections, and other staff news.