The information on these web pages was created for the 2009 National Genealogical Society (NGS) Conference held in Raleigh, N.C. from May 13-16, 2009. It has been updated for the 2017 NGS Conference taking place in Raleigh, May 10-13, 2017.
The purpose, both then and now, is to create a quick guide to doing genealogical research at the State Archives for use by the conference attendees, but it also may be of use to the public.
If you have other questions not answered in this brief overview, please feel free to contact the State Archives of North Carolina staff by phone at 919-807-7310 or email us at archives AT ncdcr.gov.
- County Records and Genealogical Research
- Using State, Federal and Military Records for Genealogical Research
- Doing Your Homework Before You Arrive
- MARS, Online Finding Aids, and Digital Collections
- Frequently Asked Questions