The Traveling Archivist Program is Now Soliciting Applications
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JANUARY 5, 2018
The State Archives of North Carolina can help with the preservation of and access to your historical collectionsTAP provides hands-on preservation assistance to cultural and heritage institutions that house archives, papers, and records at risk of deterioration and damage. The purpose of TAP is to help improve preservation of and access to collections that document the culture and history of our state.
Institutions chosen to participate in this program will receive an onsite visit from to:
- Conduct a collections assessment of your collection
- Discuss your policies and procedures
- Provide suggestions for collection processing
- Deliver supply catalogs and some basic supplies
- Present a final report of the site visit with full recommendations for improving the care and management of your collection
The application is open to all North Carolina cultural and heritage institutions that house and maintain active historical collections, and whose collections are accessible to the public. Those institutions housing solely objects or artifacts are ineligible for this program.
The guidelines and application may be accessed online and application deadline is January 5, 2018. Questions relating to the application process may be addressed to Andrea Gabriel, North Carolina State Archives, 919-807-7326, email@example.com, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.