To create the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Digital Collection, part of North Carolina Digital Collections, we have drawn material from over 50 records series and collections held by the State Archives of North Carolina including: State Agency Records, Private Collections, Photograph Collections, Organization Records, General Assembly Records, and Map Collections. The third of three installments of the STEM Digital Collection is now available, and includes items from the following private and photograph collections:
- Albert Barden Negative Collection (N.53)
- Carolina Power and Light Co. Photograph Collection (PhC.68)
- George Marion Cooper Photograph Collection (PhC.41)
- William Thornton Collection (PC.2054)
- Fessenden, Reginald A., Papers (PC.1140)
- General Negative Collection. Audio Visual Materials Photographic Collections (MARS Id: 4 (Record Group))
- George Alton Stewart Collection (PC.1752.1-2)
- Museum of Art Record Group. Black Mountain College Research Project. Visual Materials (MARS Id: 61.12.8 (Sub Series))
- North Carolina Colony and State Maps (MC.150)
- North Carolina Maps. Individual Watercourses (MC.167)
- Olsen Associates (Consulting Engineers) Photograph Collection (PhC.47)
- Robert C. Ruiz Papers (PC.2014)
- W. “Bud” White Southern Bell Telephone Company Photograph Collection (PhC.157)
To search for additional STEM resources at the State Archives of North Carolina, visit our MARS online catalog.
To learn more about Science, Technology, and Innovation in North Carolina, check out this list of articles that can be found at NCpedia.
To learn more about Scientists and Inventors in North Carolina, check out this list of biographies that can be found at NCpedia.