[This press release comes from Andrea Gabriel, Outreach and Development Coordinator for the State Archives of North Carolina.]
Don’t miss Ancestry Day in Raleigh, North Carolina on November 6-7, 2015
Join experts from Ancestry, the State Archives, Friends of the Archives, the North Carolina Genealogical Society and the State Library of North Carolina for this great two-day event. Registration for Saturday’s presentations is $38. Friday’s presentations are $10 and are limited to the first 200 participants who register for Saturday. AncestryDNA kits will be available at a discounted rate of $89 while supply lasts.
Friday’s presentations are sponsored by the State Archives of North Carolina, the State Library of North Carolina, and the Friends of the Archives.
- “Before the Vital Records Law: What’s a Family Historian to Do?” — Debbi Blake
- “An Introduction to Online Research Tools from the State Archives and State Library of North Carolina” – Ashley Yandle and Michelle Underhill
- Saturday, November 7, will feature a full day of classes including:
- Ancestry 101: New & Review
- Getting the Most from Ancestry.com
- Using AncestryDNA to Further Your Family History Research
- Partnering with the State Archives of North Carolina
- Ask the Experts
- Sharing Your Family Story
Door prizes on Saturday include free memberships to Ancestry.com, Fold3.com, and Newspapers.com, as well as many other items.