The State Historical Records Advisory Board (SHRAB) in collaboration with the State Archives of North Carolina has produced a series of tutorials that provide basic information about the care and handling of family papers. These tutorials were funded by a grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission (NHPRC). The complete series is available on YouTube and selected tutorials are also available in the Preservation section of the State Archives website.
Videos in this series include:
- Identifying and Protecting Essential Family Records
- General Paper Preservation Tips
- Caring for and Sharing Family and Personal Papers
- The Care and Preservation of Family Photographs
- Managing and Preserving Digital Images