The Spring 2014 issue of The Charter, the Division of Archives and Records newsletter, is now available through the publications page on our website. The newsletter is published twice a year by The Friends of the Archives.
Included in this issue:
- An update from Sarah Koonts, the State Archivist, on future plans to promote public awareness of the mission of the State Archives.
- An article by Frank P. Ward, Jr., President of the Friends of the Archives, on North Carolina maps.
- Conservator Emily Rainwater provides a look into her work with a 1797 indenture.
- An article by Ashley Yandle, Digital Access Manager, on the North Carolina Digital Collections.
- A feature by Tiffanie Mazanek of the Digital Access Branch on the Poteet-Dickson Letters. 1861-1902 (PC.1825).
- A staff spotlight on James Sorrell, Head of the Special Collections Section.
- As well as news about recent programs and events, new collections, and other staff news.