North Carolina Medical Society Alliance

A new finding aid has been added to the Organization Records finding aids page:

North Carolina Medical Society Alliance Records, 1922 – 1999
The North Carolina Medical Society Alliance (NCMS Alliance) was formed on April 18, 1923, originally called the Woman’s Auxiliary to the Medical Society of the State of North Carolina. The NCMS Alliance is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization comprised of physician spouses and physicians. Members are dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of North Carolinians through community service, advocacy and fundraising aimed at promoting better public health. The NCMS Alliance also supports county medical society alliances, provides leadership opportunities and training for its members and offers grants for health-related programs. The NCMS Alliance is governed by its Board of Directors representing all regions of the state and is headquartered at the NC Medical Society building in Raleigh. The collection contains various records of the North Carolina Medical Society Alliance including bylaws, handbooks, directories, meeting minutes, accounting ledgers, and publications. Officer notebooks include correspondence, agendas, programs and goals, and reports. Also included is information about conferences, conventions, and lecture series. Scrapbooks contain news clippings, photographs, and summaries of the Alliance’s activities, including the annual Doctors’ Day event. (34 cubic feet)

Advertisements