Posted by: Ashley | June 14, 2010

Four New OBHC Finding Aids

There are four new finding aids on the Outer Banks History Center (OBHC) website. The finding aids refer to proof copies not to the eventual published works:

Abstracts of Columbus County, N.C., Court Minutes, 1984 – 1988
Columbus County, named for Christopher Columbus, is located in the southeast section of North Carolina. It was formed in 1808 from parts of Brunswick and Bladen counties and is approximately 954 square miles. The county seat is Whiteville. This collection consists of four volumes of abstracts of court minutes from Columbus County from 1819-1852. They were transcribed by Jason Williamson between 1984-1988. (4 items)

Abstracts of Deeds, Columbus County, N.C., 1975 – 1989
Columbus County, named for Christopher Columbus, is located in the southeast section of North Carolina. It was formed in 1808 from parts of Brunswick and Bladen counties and is approximately 954 square miles. The county seat is Whiteville. This collection consists of seven volumes of corrected proof copies of abstracts of deeds from Columbus County, 1808-1860. They were transcribed by Jason Williamson between 1975-1989. (7 items)

Abstracts of Wills, Columbus County, N.C., 1984
Columbus County, named for Christopher Columbus, is located in the southeast section of North Carolina. It was formed in 1808 from parts of Brunswick and Bladen counties and is approximately 954 square miles. The county seat is Whiteville. This collection consists of one volume of abstracts of wills of Columbus County, transcribed by Jason Williamson in 1984. (1 item)

Transcriptions of U. S. Census Records of Columbus County, N.C., 1987 – 1988
Columbus County, named for Christopher Columbus, is located in the southeast section of North Carolina. It was formed in 1808 from parts of Brunswick and Bladen counties and is approximately 954 square miles. The county seat is Whiteville. This collection consists of three volumes of U. S. Census records of Columbus County from 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, and 1880. They were transcribed by Jason Williamson in 1987-1988. (3 items)

Advertisements

Categories

%d bloggers like this: