A new finding aid is available on the Outer Banks History Center’s finding aids page:
Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church Sunday School Records, 1893 – 1941 – Mt. Olivet United Methodist Church was founded in 1887 after a group of Manteo residents were organized by the efforts of circuit preacher Joseph G. Lennon. A half acre parcel of land was purchased for $26.50. The church, on the corner of Ananias Dare and Essex Streets, continues as an active congregation. The Sunday school records document attendance in various classes, names of pupils, teachers and administrators, and a weekly report on services and weather conditions for each Sunday.