If you’ve recently visited one of the many websites under the institutional umbrella of the North Carolina Office of Archives and History, you may have noticed that several of our web addresses have changed. Given how long our previous URLs were, I suspect many of you will be thrilled with the new addresses – I know I am.
Here is a short list of the website address changes I’m currently aware of:
- North Carolina Office of Archives and History – http://www.history.ncdcr.gov/
- North Carolina State Archives – http://www.archives.ncdcr.gov/
- Government Records Branch – http://www.records.ncdcr.gov/
Right now there is a redirect in place from the old web addresses, which means you don’t have to run right out and change your links. Using the old addresses will just send you to the new ones.
While I’m listing web addresses, here are a few other interesting Office of Archives and History sites to visit:
- Historical Publications – http://www.ncpublications.com/
- North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program – http://www.ncmarkers.com/
- North Carolina Historic Sites – http://www.nchistoricsites.org/
- North Carolina Museum of History – http://ncmuseumofhistory.org/
- Research Branch, LibraryThing page – http://www.librarything.com/profile/NCOAHResearch